Food Coma is not a symptom that has a serious impact on health. But rather lethargy, exhaustion after eating. Of course it interferes with work. distract. It definitely affects the performance of the office workers. In addition, eating foods that provide high energy. Eating too much meat, flour, and fat They are also at risk of obesity, atherosclerosis, high blood pressure and stroke.
Therefore, how to overcome food coma not to become an obstacle in work, recommend
- Adjust the new lunch menu, control the amount, and switch to easy-to-digest food, focusing on vegetables and unrefined rice. Reducing the amount of lean meats, starches, and white rice will save the body from wasting energy on digesting hard-to-digest foods.
- If hungry or lonely in the afternoon It is recommended to eat sour fruits instead of sweets or bubble tea because sweet foods resulting in high blood sugar make one feel sleepy.
- eating away from the office will be able to take a walk after eating It’s an indirect exercise. Help blood circulate to different parts. of the body more Increase energetic in the afternoon.
- Get enough sleep during the night, at least 6-8 hours, but if you don’t have enough sleep or sleep less. It is recommended to follow the 90-minute rule to ensure you wake up refreshed. definitely not sleepy. Read more How to sleep less and be refreshed with the (not) secret “90 minute sleep rule”
- If you are very sleepy, it is recommended to drink plenty of water. to reduce blood concentration Helps to rejuvenate (Walking to the bathroom sometimes can also help you not be sleepy.)
- It is recommended to clear important tasks. Doing tasks that require a lot of brain power in the morning will help you work more efficiently. because the brain is ready and active